11 Jan 2007

KGB report - Session 10

(D. Ferreira, D. Bação, Dinis, F. Nunes)


The session opened with a usual game of Bohnanza that I was setting up for 3 players. But Dinis showed up in the last minute and we played the game with four. Bad call for me, since Dinis decided to kindly offer me all the leftovers of his exchanges. That slowed my game considerably, but even worst, it didn't stop Bação from building his fields with beans that scored him high points. In the end he won the game by a large margin.

Bohnanza: Davide Bação


Next we played a game of The Princes of Florence. This game was new to Bação, and Dinis only played it once, last week. Last week's game was, in my opinion, our best game of The Princes of Florence so far. It all came down to the prestige cards, that allowed me to win by a single point Second was my brother, that had 2 more points that Dinis. Last player was Ferreira with 7 points less than the winner. Because of how the game when last week, I was more than happy to see the game on the table this week again.

Having two veteran players and two new guys really made a difference in the final score. Ferreira won followed by me. Last week the scores were closer, but this week's game the auctions were very aggressive. I believe that the most of the items were bought between 500 and 900 florins, in comparison to the previous games when paying 400 for an item was paying high. With the aggressiveness of the auctions, the players didn't spend all work points on prestige points as usual (at least in the beginning) having to cash in some florins in order to go through another round of bidding. Ferreira won in the end, by completing the most jobs ever in a game we played. He started collecting profession and scored some big jobs due to their high number. Unlike me, that did only 4 jobs, being denied the chance to do more, because no more profession cards remained by the end of turn 6. But the determining factor of Ferreira's win was the prestige cards (again). I had two by turn 7 having their needed requirements fulfilled. But Ferreira bought a prestige card on the final round, ending all questions on who won the game.

The Princes of Florence: Davide Ferreira


Next we played Ticket to Ride Europe. Unfortunately, after dealing the tickets, I realised that I didn't have a long ticket. I thought that I accidentally took my ticket from the short ticket pile. So I shuffled all my tickets, draw a new long ticket and 3 short tickets. And the game started. Only in the end I realise what really happened. A short and a long ticket were on the wrong piles, and Bação ended paying. In one of his ticket draws, he saw the misplaced wrong ticket. The problem was that he didn't knew that wasn't supposed to happen, and he even kept the ticket. Fortunately, despite being in last, it didn't affter the final scoring, since me (the winner) and Dinis had a big advance over the Davides. 13 points separated me from Dinis. The score could be closer if I didn't had the longest route. When counting the trains for the longest route, there was a draw between Bação and Dinis. When I was checking the rulebook to understand what to do with that situation, Ferreira insisted that I counted my longest route. I didn't believe that I had the longest route, so I didn't count them before, but with Ferreira insisting I did made the count and realise that I was the player with the longest route, breaking the tie.

Ticket to Ride Europe: Filipe “Sir Runegarth” Nunes

The second game of Ticket to Ride Europe was an unusual game. In the end, all the players had an unsuccessful ticket. That cost the victory for Bação. In the last turns he was rushing to claim routes, in order to activate the final turn, not realising that he still hadn't connected to a city he needed. Because of that, Dinis won a game that he didn't expect to win. I also wasn't expect him to win. In fact, the game didn't go well for every player except Bação. All of us were operating on the east side of Europe, but with Bação showing dominance. That was also unusual in the game.

Ticket to Ride Europe: Dinis

The third game was played rushing things a little, since it was getting late, and we where all getting a bit hungry. A regular game won by Bação. Not much to add to that.

Ticket to Ride Europe: Davide Bação


Session Notes:

  • When I was setting up Bohnanza, Ferreira said (joking) that Dinis would showed up in 3 minutes. Guess what? He did.

  • The Game of The Princes of Florence was our most aggressive game so far, in terms of auctions.

  • In one of the game of Ticket to Ride Europe, Ferreira used all three stations. This never happened before.

  • In our second game of Ticket to Ride Europe, all of us took a penalty for not fulfilling one ticket.

  • Also in that second game, we decided to refill the tickets deck. When the game ended we decided not to do that again.

  • All participating knights won a game this session.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home